The 14th annual Central PA MLK Day of Service will take place on on January 16th, featuring the Alexander Grass Campus for Jewish Life as this year’s signature site!
The program will commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the March on Washington by focusing on Dr. King's call to "make real the promise of democracy" with an emphasis on jobs, housing, literacy and voting. The day will include:
- Opening Ceremony at Grass Campus (9:15am) with civic and faith leaders
- Jobs and Housing Fair at Grass Campus (10am – 1:30pm)
- Volunteer opportunities at Grass Campus and throughout the community, including care packages, craft projects, readings for children, and a voter registration drive
- Discussion on civic engagement with Rev. Earl Harris and Rabbi Marc Kline
- Screening of film RACE to be Human
- And much more!
Volunteer projects will take place across Central PA--including 20 MLK Day of Reading events at area coffeehouses, and blood drives in Halifax and Gettysburg. For a complete list of project sites, additional information, and to register, all are encouraged to visit centralpamlkday.org